THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

President's Day Adventure

A Day with my Hunny!




My Hunny and I both had Monday off, so we got to do something we don't get to very often...spend a whole day together! WooHoo! As you can see in this picture, it was a gorgeous day, at that! We decided to take the Camaro out for a drive in the country. Yep, even in the Bay Area there are some country roads...and beautiful scenery. We drove through the backside of Livermore, then over to I-580 down to Patterson, and then back to Lake Del Valle and Shadow Cliffs Park before heading home.



The weather was warm enough that we were even able to take the T-Tops down on the Camaro and just cruise around with the wind whipping through our hair. The car is pretty new to us, and we've had a blast so far with it! She needs a bath, for sure, but may I introduce you to Sinister Shadow. She even has a Name Tag on the way, especially since California requires both front and back license plates. I ordered the plates a few weeks ago, so they should be in any time. I'll be sure to post the pics of her stylin and profilin in them! =-)



Just some shots from the day's adventures:

As you can see, even our shadow was having a fun drive!!!!

We even got to see some wildlife near the Lake!!! The deer were look right at me until the pictures were snapped....I swear! ;-)

Just a shot of the greenery we get to experience this time of year. Oh, and yes, you can bet those are HAPPY COWS...they're from California!

This is Carnegie, a local Motorsports reserve area. I'd never been there before, so my Hunny pulled over to let me watch the Motorcyclists literally climbing the hill. I've never seen anything like that. Its hard to get a feel for how steep the hills really are, but it didn't matter to the guys on the bikes, they attempted to get to the top on many occasions. Some made it close while others weren't so lucky. It was truly amazing to watch, though.

Our finaly stop before we headed home was Shadow Cliffs Park/Lake. It was a gorgeous setting to end our wonderful trip. We had a great day together, and I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful man!

2 comments:

Gracey said...

You definitely looked like you guys had a nice time sightseeing. The hills are so green now! I miss that about CA!

Anonymous said...

I love road trips. Even ones that aren't too far from home. Looks like you had a great time!