THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 17, 2007

Good news and sad...

First, lemme just say that I am sorry I haven't posted recently.  Things have been pretty hectic, both at work and at home, and it has been exhausting, and honestly, I just haven't wanted to be on the computer much.

I guess I will start with the sad news, first, so I can close with good news.  On September 2nd, our family lost it's youngest member, Piper Palm.  She had been part of our family for only 2 years (nearly to the day) and had brought so much joy into all of our lives.  She departed our lives nearly as quickly as she entered them, but her memory will never leave.  Miss Piper had an enlarged heart, and when discovered, it was so advanced that the best thing we could do for her was save her from months of pain.  It was a tough decision on all, and much of the reason that I have not been interested in doing a whole lot of anything lately.  She will be missed tremendously.

Now on to some lighter, happier news!  This weekend I get to go see Collin Raye in concert, not just once, but twice!!!  Exciting as that is, in itself, there is even more exciting news!!!!  I have the honor of attending the "Meet & Greet" before the show!  YUP!  You read that right...I get to actually MEET & GREET Collin Raye!  You have no idea how excited and nervous I am!  I actually get to talk to my favorite artist of all time...how lucky can one girl be!!!  I don't know if I'll be able to get photos at the first venue as it is a small theater and I'm not sure if flash photography is allowed, but I know I can get some from the fair the next day, so I'll be sure to post those next week sometime. 

The bittersweet part about the weekend is that it was supposed to be a weekend get-a-way for my hunny and I, but he is unable to get the time off from his new job, so I am very bummed about that.  I wasn't going to go, in fact, but once I got the email on Thursday stating that I had been chosen for the Meet&Greet, he wouldn't hear of me "Not going".  Now it will be a nice weekend with my Mom.  Not quite the same, but I'm sure it will be fun, none-the-less!  =-)

~~~~~~

Here are some shots of little Miss Piper, RIP Sept. 2005 - Sept. 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Miss Piper. That's way up there with the saddest things.

A meet and greet! Girl!

Gracey said...

I feel your pain with losing an animal....they are just like family and it's hard to let go. I don't blame you for not wanting to be on the computer much!

How great that you get to meet him; I once was able to meet Keith Urban and he was very sweet! Have lots of fun and take pictures!!!

MoJoKat said...

Susan and Grace: Thanks! It's been tough, I keep looking for her around the house, and then remember...sigh! It's getting better, though, but it is amazing how such a small little being can mean so much. We're all doing better, but will always miss her.

I can't wait to meet him, and I will be sure to get pics and hopefully a signature or two! I'll post next week when we get back! =-)