OK, I am brand new to the Thursday Thirteen (not to mention the whole Blogging adventure), but I figured I'd give it a whirl. Oh, and I don't know how many consecutive Thursdays I'll be successful at creating the thirteen, but hey, one is a start, right!
So I determined that since I have had fun for more than two weeks now trying to avoid using my primary thumb (which is doing much better and healing quite nicely, thank you!),I would list the 13 most challenging actions that I have had to try.
13. Washing dishes (oh darn!!!)
12. Shoelace tying (another figured it out...but still...ugh)
11. Eating-Either with or without utensils (think big juicy (sloppy) hamburger...one handed)
10. Picking up the cat (she prefers to just be petted, anyway)
9. Shaking hands with people (Oh the comments a big ole' wrapped thumb can invoke)
8. Driving a stick shift (Mom and Dad had pity on me and let me use their car...styling in a Lincoln...NICE!)
7. Writing (remember, its what preceeded typing...some may remember this lost art)
6. Decorating my cookie snowlady at Disneyland (Still came out cute...then again, I am biased)
5. Washing/Rinsing my hair (all one handed---takes at least twice as long...AT LEAST)
4. Blow drying/styling my hair (hmmm...Curly looks great...the frizzy look is coming back, ya know)
3. Delicately put...powder room activities (no explanation needed)
2. Typing (hence the lack of Bloggin)
1. Zippers and buttons (figured them out, but still...not easy)
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Thursday Thirteen-Thirteen Tough Thumbless-Things To Try
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Isn't it amazing how much we depend on our different body functions? You never appreciate it until you can't use it....that's how I felt with my horrible ear infection a few months back. Sometimes I can't think of thirteen things to blog about on Thursday so there are times I skip it like today. I've gotten really lazy since Thanksgiving. Tomorrow I should be back hopefully!
You've been tagged! Go to my blog to see what you have to do next. It's Fun!
Hey There, just checking in with you. Hope everything is alright and your thumb is healing up. I know it's the holidays and things are busy but hope to see you soon!
Thanks, Gracey, for checking on me. That is really nice. I've just been super busy away from the computer, lately, it seems! I hope that the holidays are proving to be magical for you and your family!
Oh, and I'll be doing my "It" duties within a couple of days!
Take care!
Post a Comment