This week's Sunday Scribblings prompt is "Deepest Darkest" . How cool is that? Oh, and how cool is the fact that I am getting mine in early rather than late! Nice!
Deepest, Darkest
What lies beneath the surface;
‘Neath the reaches of lights touch?
What treasures are we hiding,
So no one else can touch?
Thinking no one else will care?
What secrets do we tuck away?
What heartaches do we bare?
Each person’s store is different,
The location, to them, unique.
And is often hidden somewhere
That is DEEP and DARK and BLEAK.
7 comments:
Your writing is great!
I love the mystery around it.
Yay for early Scribblers!!
:)
nice piece, enjoyed it muchly.
you rhymed touch with touch :)
I would have spent ages stuck on that :)
brave move, but workable.
Love it, love it. "bleak" is such a great word, too. Well done.
we've all got them somewhere....
I love how this flows. It has a beautiful rhythm.
There you have it. The key question: What have we got buried? Treasure or heartaches.
This reads like a great set of lyrics. I love it!
Post a Comment