I have been witness to some major miracles for friends and family in my life, and though I have internalized my gratitude for all of God’s goodness, I feel that I need to shout it from the mountains, but the peaks of Blog-dom will have to suffice for now! I just really want the world to know how Great God is. You know, it isn’t just because of all the good things that have been happening to my friends/family, but it also for His wisdom in sometimes answering my prayers with a response that I may not like. I know there is always a reason for the way things happen, but I don’t always like the way things happen. Many times we never know why things happen the way they do, but once in a while we get a little glimpse of what would have happened if they had worked out the way we had hoped for.
Anyone who also read’s Gracey’s Space may remember the entries she had for her friend JT and his wife. I have been following their online journal, and it is so inspiring and such a blessing to see how God keeps taking care of things all along the way. Melanie still has a long road ahead of her, but she truly is a product of God’s grace!
A few weeks ago, I found out that my cousin Coby had been in a similar accident as JT and Melanie. He was the passenger and the rescuers had to use the Jaws of Life to disentangle the truck from the pole that it had been wrapped around. The rescuers didn’t believe that Coby would even make it to the hospital alive, but he did, and he was out a week later. He has some major injuries to overcome, but God spared his life, and I know He has a plan for Coby that is beyond anything we can imagine.
I also have a friend from high school that I recently found out had a baby girl. I haven’t gotten the whole updated story to date, but she and her husband had been trying for more than 3 years to have a child and it didn’t look like it was in the cards due to some conditions that existed, but God stacked the deck and gave them a miracle of a little girl. Even though she had to be delivered two months prematurely and has had to have surgery and is in NICU, I believe that she is a miracle from the Lord, and I can promise you that her parents treasure her and know just how blessed they are to have her in their life.
There are so many more stories that I keep hearing, and I know that they aren’t occurring just for my benefit, but lemme tell you, they all have just increased my faith and trust in the Lord that He is doing amazing things and He knows what is best. I need that to lean on as I continue to pray for things in my life, and have to trust that He will answer those prayers according to His will and what He knows is best. I also have to count on Him for the strength to deal with the negative answers that I don’t want to hear…but the best part is, He is there for me for those times, as well!
To God be the Glory…GREAT things He hath done!!!!
2 comments:
My cousin's 9 month old baby was just allowed to go home after a few rounds of chemo and radiation. She's been in the hospital since Christmas. Lots of good things happening! :)
Susan: That is so great to hear, just another miracle to add to the list! Thanks for sharing your happies!!! =-)
Post a Comment