THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Clouds




I just love clouds. To me, they are one of the most gorgeous creations God gave us, along with the ocean and beaches, oh and trees and mountains...who am I kidding, everything that God created is amazing. So, to restate, I LOVE clouds. I love to watch them as they pass by, sometimes lollygagging, while other times they can't seem to get where they are going fast enough. Sometimes they travel in massive groups, and sometimes they are solo. I love to imagine diferent shapes in each one (Dragons are the most common for me) or just stare in awe of how gorgeous they are. To me, they are awesome (in this case the literal meaning of the word...to inspire awe) whether they are crisp, gleaming white, or ominous shades of gray, not to mention the many hues of the rainbow they become at sunrise/sunset. What an amazing canvas God has to "Doodle" on. I really can't express all the wonder that Clouds hold for me. They inspire me beyond words sometimes, but also, they can inspire my words. I wrote the poem below several years ago, and as you can tell, it was inspired by the clouds! I figured that since they seem to be my subject for the day, I'd share this with everyone!

Mystery Of the Clouds

by Kat Mosher

She caught herself starring at the clouds again

Lost in memories that were like the wind

Blowing through her heart and mind

Ghostly images that were left behind

Perhaps from a dream she can’t quite recall

Or maybe they’re not even memories at all.

Maybe they’re fantasies; “imaginations”, per say

But they seem too real…too familiar in some way.

As if she lived them in a lifetime before,

If only there were more details to explore.

When she actually tries to focus on them

They’re gone, forgotten, as if they’d never been

Lost in the clouds, hidden from view

Surrounded by mist and slipper as dew

Just when she thinks something might make sense

She loses that thought in the fog so dense

She just can’t quite figure out the connection

Between the clouds and their distraction

How she could get lost for minutes at a time

Just admiring the clouds…were they a sign?

A sign to what, though? Something from her past?

Could they somehow fill in the blanks, at last.

Were the clouds a clue to the missing years?

Could they explain her hopes and fears.

Perhaps some day she’ll find the keys,

That unlock the cloud’s mysteries.

Until that day, she’ll keep admiring the glory

Of the clouds above and they’re phantom story.

1 comment:

Gracey said...

I think clouds are wonderful and mysterious in a way. God's creations are just amazing! Have you ever seen the Texas sky? Wow, the clouds look like you can just float on them and they seem near, so near that you can touch them.